Their live shows are legendary. The band bounds onto the stage night after night, delivering its own unique brand of high-energy entertainment, and the band remains a perennial favorite at fairs, festivals, theaters,
and casinos. That excitement has been on display since the very first time Sawyer Brown stepped foot onstage in the early 1980’s.
Sawyer Brown broke out on their own playing everything from clubs to pig roasts in those earliest days. “There’s no such thing as a gig we wouldn’t take,” says singer Mark Miller. “We knew that we wanted to play music and we knew that we wanted to work at being the best live band there was—and the only way to do that, was to get out and play shows. And so we did.”
The band has earned its place as one of the premier live acts in music with legendary hits like “SOME GIRLS DO,” “STEP THAT STEP,” “THE RACE IS ON,” “THE DIRT ROAD,” “THANK GOD FOR YOU,” “THE WALK” and more. Tireless road warriors, the band thrives on playing live. “Live is where it all comes together for us,” keyboardist Hobie Hubbard says. “The audience brings its own energy, we bring our own energy and the music—and the combination of all of that is what makes playing live so unique. We’re blessed to be able to be a part of those moments night after night.”
Craig Morgan has made a name for himself as a country music icon, with signature hits including “BONFIRE,” “ALMOST HOME,” “REDNECK YACHT CLUB,” “INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER,” “THIS OLE BOY,” “WAKE UP LOVIN’ YOU” and the six week number one, “THAT’S WHAT I LOVE ABOUT SUNDAY.” The new single “WHEN I’M GONE” is available for digital download now and will lead a new album due later this year.
Craig received one of country music’s highest honors when he was inducted as a member of the Grand Ole Opry in 2008. In addition to a prolific country music career, he hosts the award-winning TV show “Craig Morgan: All Access Outdoors,” currently in its sixth season on Outdoor Channel.
Prior to becoming a country music star and TV sensation, Morgan spent seventeen years serving our country in the Army and Army Reserves. He is an avid supporter of America’s military personnel and a recipient of the 2006 USO Merit Award.
With the release of his first single “KISS YOU IN THE MORNING,” the debut single went #1 in just 24 weeks, an incredible achievement for anyone, let alone straight out of the gate. Michael Ray’s second #1 single came not long after the first with “THINK A LITTLE LESS,” also off of his debut self-titled album. With two #1’s under his belt, Michael is undeniably making his mark on Country Music.
His live performances have been greeted with overwhelming success, with Digital Journal calling him “infectious” and Nash Country Daily declaring that he “displays the energy and polish of a pro.” When rarely not on the road, Michael has been spending time writing and recording for his second album. Ray is currently working on new music due later this year.
Whether juggling five rings while standing on top of a ladder, performing his eleven-part combination trick, or using spinning balls to shoot Nerf arrows, Tuey goes well beyond the usual juggling skills to include a wide array of manipulations. Tuey’s show is a perfect blend of family-friendly comedy, jaw-dropping skills, and danger.
The Don Barnhart Comedy Hynosis Show delivers interactive, improvisational and sidesplitting comedy while simultaneously unlocking the unique mysteries of the human mind. It’s a musical, fast-paced romp through volunteers’ subconscious creative genius that keeps audiences on the edges of their seats.
From Hollywood to Australia and from Las Vegas to Japan – Murray Hatfield has thrilled audiences around the world with his signature style of magic and illusion with a serious comedy flair – On television, stage, in theatres, performing arts centers, nightclubs, fairs, exhibitions, casinos, corporate functions and on luxury cruise ships on the high seas.
Murray Hatfield has spent the last 2 decades taking some of his favorite magic illusions and combining it with his incisive wit for a fast, fun, funny and absolutely amazing experience for audiences of all ages. In addition to performing he also writes, produces and directs stage shows for audiences from the PNE in Vancouver, BC to the “Magic Space” in Tianjin, China.
From the age of 10 when he saw his very first magician, Murray has been obsessed with magic. By 15 he knew that he wanted to turn his passion into his career and by 25 he was headlining one of the largest magic shows in the country. Now he travels the world creating, teaching, lecturing, producing and most importantly – performing his own special brand of magic.
Murray has won numerous international awards and accolades including being named “Magician of the Year” by the Canadian Association of Magicians. He is a regular guest star at the famed Magic Castle in Hollywood, CA and has appeared on television shows including Penn and Teller’s: FOOL US!
Pacific Animal Productions is dedicated to conserving wildlife and endangered species while educating people about the wonders of wildlife. They provide a safe environment to see, touch and learn about a monkey, fox, parrot, hedgehog, alligator, snake, bugs and more.
Reptile Adventures is a Reptile Rescue and Education Center dedicated to education though interaction. Reptile Adventures will be at the Canyon County Fair performing HANDS ON educational presentations. During these presentations you will be able to interact with a multitude of different reptiles!
The carnival will have just the right mix of kiddie rides, major rides and games! Rides range from timeless classics such as the Carousel and Tilt-A-Whirl to modern day thrill rides like the all new Freak Out ride, where riders sit in bottomless seats with their feet hanging below them. As the claw begins to rotate, the pendulum swings back and forth. Thrill seekers will get off asking for more!
Additional fair favorites include the Gondola Wheel, Gravitron, Haunted House, Mini Himalaya, Mirror Maze, Octopus, Sizzler, Star Trooper, Swinger, Wacky Shack, Yo Yo, Zero Gravity, Zipper, and so much more!!
Advanced Sale Prices – available online for $20 if Carnival Wristband Voucher is purchased online prior to 3:00 p.m. on July 26, 2018.
Fast Pass Carnival Wristband Voucher – available online for $30, includes priority boarding on unlimited rides all day for one price. Pass must be used same day voucher is redeemed at Carnival Box Office. Online voucher only available for purchase prior to 3:00 p.m. on July 26, 2018. Fast Pass Wristbands are available for purchase at Carnival Ticket Box Office for $40 after July 26.
Wristbands must be securely attached and un-tampered, i.e. taken off, switched or taped. Wristbands are non-transferable.
Carnival Buddy Day – Buy one all-day ride pass on-site at regular price of $30, and your buddy gets an all-day ride pass for FREE! You can both ride until closing! Buddy must be present at time of purchase. Buddy pass only available for purchase at Carnival Ticket Box Office Thursday, July 26 from 3:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Carnival Family Fun Promotion – Unlimited rides for $15 from Noon – 5:00 p.m. Only available for purchase at Carnival Ticket Box Office Friday, July 27 from Noon – 4:00 p.m.
For height requirements and additional ride details, visit www.brownsamusements.com
In 2007, 2010, and again in 2015 Browns Amusements was awarded the prestigious Outdoor Amusements Business Association’s (OABA) Circle of Excellence award. This award is based upon the carnival’s ability to excel in the areas of safety, service, operations and administrative duties. The carnival is inspected by a team of independent consultants for the OABA who review all eternal operational books, safety records, and daily operations.
Browns Amusements strives to maintain the best possible midway anywhere. They thoroughly inspect every ride at each event and put a lot of time into training their staff. Browns has a comprehensive employee-training program, which ensures employees will be properly trained and educated. Their attention to detail has helped build their impressive reputation amongst their peers.
Brought to you by:
Paint ‘n Sip is headed to the Canyon County Fair!
- Sign up in advance and paint a custom Ferris wheel painting
- Beat the heat while you sip on a glass of wine and cool off under air conditioning
- $50 includes FAIR ENTRY AND PARKING PASS
- Thursday, July 26 at 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
The first-ever Canyon County Fair “Final Drive” is a live selection, parade and celebration of Grand & Reserve Grand Champion Market Goat, Market Hog, Market Lamb & Market Steer animals.
Please join us in celebrating our longstanding heritage in producing Idaho’s finest market livestock animals from our 4-H and FFA market livestock show.
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Location: Fair Building
SATURDAY, JULY 28, 2018
QUALIFICATIONS: This is an amateur dance competition. Paid or professional dance instructors are ineligible to compete. All participants must sign a liability release form. Participants under 18 years of age must have parental permission and a parent or legal guardian signature is required on liability release form.
DANCE STYLE CATEGORIES & AGE DIVISIONS:
• HIP-HOP – Child (Ages 8-10), Junior (Ages 11-15), Adult (Ages 16 & Over)
• CLOGGING – Child (Ages 8-10), Junior (Ages 11-15)
• SWING – Child (Ages 8-10), Junior (Ages 11-15), Adult (Ages 16 & Over)
• For couples, age division will be determined by the age of the oldest participant
DANCE FLOOR SIZE: 20’ X 20’
• Registration for competition is FREE with paid Fair Admission.
• Registration for competitions begins at 2:00 p.m. Registration is limited to the first 20 participants in each category. Registration will be accepted until the beginning of each competition.
• After registration is complete, participants will be randomly selected to dance to their chosen style of music.
• 2:00 p.m. – Registration
• 2:30 p.m. – Hip-Hop
• 3:30 p.m. – Clogging
• 5:30 p.m. – Swing
ADULT (Ages 16 & Over) – HIP-HOP & SWING
• 1ST Place – $150 & Rosette
• 2nd Place – $75 & Rosette
• 3rd Place – Rosette
JUNIOR (Ages 11-15) – HIP-HOP, CLOGGING, SWING
• 1st Place – $150 & Rosette
• 2nd Place – $75 & Rosette
• 3rd Place – Rosette
CHILD (Ages 8-10) – HIP-HOP, CLOGGING, SWING
• 1st Place – Two (2) Carnival Wristbands (good for unlimited rides all day), Two (2) Fair Admission Tickets
• 2nd Place – One (1) Carnival Ride Wristband (good for unlimited rides all day), Two (2) Fair Admission Tickets
• 3rd Place Child – Rosette
• CLOTHING MUST BE TASTEFUL AND APPROPRIATE TO A FAMILY ENVIRONMENT. INAPPROPRIATE ATTIRE INCLUDES EXPOSURE OF UNDERWEAR, TUBE TOPS, SEE-THROUGH SHIRTS AND SHORT SHORTS OR THAT WHICH CAUSES ALARM TO GUESTS (I.E. GANG RELATED CLOTHING, ATTIRE, OR THE FLYING OF ANY COLORS). PARTICIPANTS NOT ADHERING TO SAID RULES WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE DISQUALIFIED.
• All decisions from the Judges are final. Score sheets for the final round are available to participants after the completion of the event. Consultations with judges will not be available.
• The judges will score and rank the participants from first to third place. In the event of a tie, participants will select a new song for a second performance. The participant with the highest score in the second performance will win the tie.
• Judging will take place during the dance performance, but may be influenced by participant actions the entire time on the floor. Good conduct and sportsmanship should be maintained at all times.
• Lifts, drops and aerials are allowed. Participants are encouraged to practice common sense and exercise caution before attempting these moves.
• Unsportsmanlike conduct or harassment of judges or officials by participants or associates of a participant may result in disqualification.
• Vulgar or inappropriate dance moves may result in disqualification.
• Floor props are not allowed.
• Costumes are not required and will have no effect on scores. Themed attire is encouraged.
• Movement (1-10 points)
– Originality of steps.
– Variety of movements and/or degree of difficulty.
– Few repetitions and contrast of movements.
• Execution (1-10 points)
– Ease of transition between movement.
– Continuous motion in dance and maintaining hand connection with partner, if applicable.
– Dance free from hindrances or difficulties.
• Attire (1-10 points)
– Themed dress is encouraged, but not required.
– Clothing must be tasteful.
• Presentation (1-10 points)
– Movements are performed with vitality and energy.
– Participant exhibits confidence, enthusiasm and charisma and maintains eye contact between partners and with judges.
SCORING: The following formula will be used to tabulate scores. A total of 120 points are possible.
Sunday, July 29
A day dedicated to Latin culture at the Canyon County Fair. The daylong festival will start at noon and end at 9:00 p.m. Festivities include a series of live musical performances, Escaramusas, mariachi bands, folkloric dancing, a variety of Latino food to choose from, and a lot more!
1:00 p.m. Escaramusas
1:30 p.m. Tejano Outlaws
3:00 p.m. After the Fire
4:30 p.m. Escaramusas
5:00 p.m. Pura Vida Orquesta
6:30 p.m. Banda Toro
8:00 p.m. Banda Movil
Noon – 7:00 Throughout the fairgrounds there will be daylong performances including mariachi, folkloric dancing, kids events and more!
Brought to you by: